HardCaml was introduced by Andy Ray last year as a way to write RTL hardware descriptions. An OCaml Labs intern, Chaitanya Mangla, spent some time working with HardCaml to go from OCaml code to RTL descriptions to actual FPGA device.
His detailed experiences are recorded in his GitHub repo, and we’ve extracted from that to create the Wiki page in the hope that it can be extended and updated over time. Please do take a look, and add any experiences or further details targeting different hardware platforms.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Bug Uncovered by OCaml Developers
- Unsigned Integers as Built-In Types or as a Library?
- A Week of Platform Releases: Odig, Odoc, Opam Bundle and More!
- Why Jbuilder? Demonstration and Discussion
- OCaml Compiler Hacking May 2017 - Activity Summaries
- Opam 2.0.0 beta 3
- Multicore OCaml ARM64 Backend
- Cambio, OCaml and Karaoke at the MirageOS Marrakech Hack Retreat 2017
- Using Menhir to Build Grammar Attributes
- OCaml 4.04.1 Released