[Daniel Hillerström] visited us for the last two weeks to work on a native backend for Links with effect handlers, based on KC’s multicore work in OCaml. It was a very productive couple of weeks, and Daniel managed to implement a compiler for an interesting subset of Links with multi-shot effect handlers. It’s a work in progress, but this is an excellent start! Daniel also presented his work to the Systems Research Group in the lab, and we look forward to welcoming Daniel back later this summer.
See his blog posts on the project:
- Testing Your Own Fork With OCaml's GitHub CI
- Platforms, Packaging, Progress
- Merlin 3.0.0 on Windows
- A New Implementation of Git
- Major Releases of Cohttp, Conduit, DNS and TCP/IP Libraries
- OCaml 4.05.0 Released
- Intel Hyper-Threading Bug Uncovered by OCaml Developers
- Unsigned Integers as Built-In Types or as a Library?
- A Week of Platform Releases: Odig, Odoc, Opam Bundle and More!
- Why Jbuilder? Demonstration and Discussion