This beta 3 release brings speed and stability improvements, replaces the opam build command with
opam install <dir>, provides a clearer interface for handling package test and doc dependencies, and extends the CLI in a few areas.
opam build was added to:
- provide an easier way to start projects without a pre-existing opam installation
- allow direct interaction with projects in a current directory
- copy installed files of a package below a specified
Feedback highlighted that the interface was difficult in places, and the command name misleading, so
opam install <dir> was created as a replacement - still addressing the above issues, and providing a clearer interface. Read more about the details on the opam blog.
- Windows Unicode Support - A Bug-Fix 12 Years in the Making
- Fuzzing for CI Workflows
- Testing Your Own Fork With OCaml's GitHub CI
- Platforms, Packaging, Progress
- Merlin 3.0.0 on Windows
- A New Implementation of Git
- Major Releases of Cohttp, Conduit, DNS and TCP/IP Libraries
- OCaml 4.05.0 Released
- Intel Hyper-Threading Bug Uncovered by OCaml Developers
- Unsigned Integers as Built-In Types or as a Library?