Jeremy Yallop has submitted an extensive PR to add support for unsigned 32-bit and 64-bit integers. This feature is frequently requested, and the PR details the motivation behind the addition of primitive types, standard library modules, syntax for expressions and patterns, as well as suggesting ideas for future enhancement.
Unsigned integers could be added as built-in OCaml types, and Jeremy describes the advantages of doing so over adding them as a library. The features will help improve a variety of large projects such as MirageOS and F* - join the conversation on the PR and give your feedback.
- Windows Unicode Support - A Bug-Fix 12 Years in the Making
- Fuzzing for CI Workflows
- Testing Your Own Fork With OCaml's GitHub CI
- Platforms, Packaging, Progress
- Merlin 3.0.0 on Windows
- A New Implementation of Git
- Major Releases of Cohttp, Conduit, DNS and TCP/IP Libraries
- OCaml 4.05.0 Released
- Intel Hyper-Threading Bug Uncovered by OCaml Developers
- A Week of Platform Releases: Odig, Odoc, Opam Bundle and More!